Wednesday, February 22, 2012

‘Delhi is the best’

Television actor talks about his struggle, Delhi and latest show 

A known face of television today, Karan V Grover, can never forget his struggling days. After running from pillar to post for almost three years, he could finally create a niche for himself in the industry. “I had to knock the doors of many directors, filmmakers and television producers. Finally in 2004, I debuted as a VJ on screen,” said the actor on his recent trip to the Capital. He was here to promote his recent serial Yaha Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, currently on air on Zee TV.
Grover was born in Dehradun and later moved to Mumbai in search of work. But it is the city of Delhi that impressed him most. “Delhi has become one of the fastest growing cities in the world. I wish Mumbai had a similar kind of infrastructure,” he said. Prod him further and the shy actor discloses another likeable aspect of the city. “I like Delhi’s girls. I wish I had more time to spend here amid such lovely girls,” he said.
On why he took a U-turn to acting from being a trainee chemical engineer, he said, engineering was never his choice. “I was a bright student. My parents wanted me to pursue this course and become an engineer. So, I took it up. But I later realised that it was not my interest. I tried my luck in acting and clinched it well.” Asked about the most challenging role in his eight-year-old career, he
said it would be the one in Yaha Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. “Being a quadriplegic is even difficult to imagine. I had to push against the wall to perform this role. Now I can better understand how life must be for differently-abled people,” he concluded.
About Rakesh Kumar

Rakesh Kumar is a New Delhi based journalist at The Statesman, one of India's oldest and most respected newspapers. He writes in depth feature articles on issues of contemporary interest along with covering Travel, Lifestyle and Tech beats regularly. He can be contacted at urs.rakesh4@gmail.com

You Might Also Like